Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm behind on my "homework"

I guess I have some work to do this weekend. First of all, I'm taking my 145 8th graders on a field trip to the sate capitol on Tuesday. That takes all kinds of crazy planning. I've been using all my prep time this week to get that taken care of and not planning lessons. For example, yesterday I spent 45 minutes calling parents who are going with us.
Second, we are doing a school wide reading program at my school. Everyone in the entire school (yes, everyone...kids, teachers, custodians...everyone) is reading the same book this month, Cryptid Hunters. The month ends with the author, Roland Smith, visiting our school and talking about the book. On Monday we're all suppose to be to chapter 11. Well, I decided to fess up to my 2nd period class and tell them that I haven't even started it. In reply I got several confessions that kids were only a few chapters in. On his way out, one of the boys said to me: "Don't worry Ms. West. You're really busy. We're just lazy." How honest. And it did make me feel a little better. I guess I better stop blogging and get reading!
-h

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess so! Quit worrying and start reading. Hopefully i'ts a good book and catches your interest quickly.Never heard of the book or the author.Oh well...XOXOX

heather said...

Hey Gabe,
totally off subject but I'm here cuz I'm too lazy to get into my email and find your address...
I've come across this blog recently and thought you might enjoy it what with your biking and stuff. He's pretty entertaining and has some good info thrown in there quite often as a bonus!!
http://www.fatcyclist.com/