But it wasn't intentional.
Why am I such a klutz?
I was cleaning the bathroom yesterday, my least favorite chore, and my true clumsy nature once again reared its ugly head. As I wiped off the dust that had collected on the shelf above the toilet, I knocked my brand new bottle of RED fingernail polish off the shelf. The bottle hit the tile floor and shattered. Sending red fingernail polish all over the bathroom and my pants. I had to stand there a moment in complete and utter shock. Luckily, since I was in the middle of cleaning the bathroom, I had some towels close at hand. The red stain came of the tile pretty easily, with the help of some fingernail polish remover. It was the grout that I couldn't repair. So, I figured I'd better call Gabe at work and fess up to the disaster I created in the bathroom. I broke down in tears at my clumsiness and stupidity while he tried to assure me it would be ok. The worst case would be taking the grout out and putting new grout back in. But we just remodeled the bathroom last summer, I was really angry about that possible option. Especially since we're making very slow progress on our current remodel project as it is.
Being the hero that he his, Gabe brought home some acetone from work and had the grout looking as good as new in the time it took me to get dinner started. Once again Gabe comes to the rescue and cleans up one of my amazing messes. What would I do without him?
2 comments:
I did that same thing on our kitchen floor last summer... apparently tile is no match for a bottle of (red even!) nail polish. Miraculously it landed exactly in the center of one of our 12" tiles and all of the polish was contained on that one tile!! I couldn't believe there was not a drop on the grout lines. Boy was that lucky!
Good to know the acetone works though!
Yeah Gabe,glad he had the solution.Maybe you should store your polish somewhere else Heidi.You probably want to avoid a repeat of that mess.Hope the pants were oldies.XOXOXOXOXOX
Post a Comment