Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jamberry

We got a half flat of these beautiful bad boys at the farmer's market on Sunday.We've been eating them (Levi's been inhaling them) all week and we still have lots. So I decided to make a little jam this morning. It's been a while since I've made jam. We're not huge PB&J eaters around here, so most of the time we don't even have any jam in the house. I saw this recipe in a Sunset article last month and it sounded pretty yummy.
Plus, isn't this the most beautiful color? Love it!
As I was constantly stirring the jam this phrase kept cycling through my mind.
Train berry
Track berry
Pick me a blackberry
You might recognize it from your childhood...This is one of Levi's favorite books. Probably because the kid LOVES berries. I asked him the other day what berries were his favorite, listing them all of course ("Are strawberries your favorite? Are blueberries your favorite?"), we discovered Levi's favorite berry happens to be the one he currently has in his mouth!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Next year I want to go berry pickin with you! Love me some berries!!XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I want some little wild blackberries to make pies with! I so miss them. When I lived in WA my friend's daughter sold them to me for $25 a gallon. Those days are gone. So glad Levi likes berries of all kind. Love, Grammy