Sunday, March 11, 2012

sunday suppers return

I feel like it's been forever since we've hosted our Sunday Supper and this is going to be quick.
(I'll have to stop by with pictures of Levi later this week for the Grandmother readers.)

We had Bryan and his girlfriend Jackie over for dinner tonight.
Gabe made this pork roast and gravy.  And I made these mashed sweet potatoes.  Both were super yummy.  I did modify the potatoes slightly by adding some heavy cream.  Heavy cream makes everything a bit yummier.  I think I also added too much rosemary.  Levi loves sweet potatoes but didn't really like them all fancy.  I think the rosemary was too much for him.  He had broccoli instead.

After dinner, Levi had fun showing off on his bike and building crazy Lego creations with our guests.  Once Levi was in bed we got out the game the Morrisons sent Gabe for his birthday gift.  We played it for the first time last night and I beat Gabe.  Tonight, Gabe was the victor.

I've got laundry to fold and a new book club book to start...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes - Grandmothers need pictures of our little man! I'm heading to L.A. at Noon but will have my laptop so I can see them......Sunday supper sounds great. Tom made a pork roast on Saturday. He'll have to tell you guys how he roasted the onions & portabellas - they were to die for! Gotta go pack; catch you later.