My overall resolution this month will be to remember more often that "the days are long, but the years are short". Some things I want to do this month to be a happier parent are:
- Take time for projects. I think overall this is something I enjoy doing but since work/weeknights are so busy...and then weekends are busy with things that don't get done during the week...I'm not intentional about doing "projects" with Levi. So we're going to have more fun this month creating things together.
- Disconnect from technology between 5 and 8pm. We have so little time with Levi during the week, I want to be present for him each evening. And I don't need to check my email or Facebook.
- Read these two parenting books that I've been wanting to get around to but haven't made it a big enough priority. (The first one might be helpful at work too!)
- Encouraging morning greeting! Levi is not a morning kid and he's a very slow mover. So, I want to start the day off right by having the first thing I say to him each morning be positive. It might end up being the same phrase or little song...I'll have to try a few things out and figure out what helps us start off our day on the right foot.
- Start the month with a silly April Fool's joke.
Anyone want some juice?

1 comment:
Love your focus on parenthood!You are so blessed to have such a great kid. Levi loves to hear you are proud of him. And LOVES to be silly. So yeah,have more fun. Enjoy the time you have with him. The days,weeks,months go by too quickly!! Just have fun doing everything you do together! XOX
Post a Comment