The 4th of July holiday weekend began on Blueberry Hill. Oh how we love fresh picked blueberries! Between the three of us, 22 pounds of berries were picked. Plus, it's also very nice to meet friends to pick with! I put blueberries in many delicious baked treats over the course of the weekend. Blueberry lemon muffins...of course! An amazing Blueberry Rosemary Focaccia bread. And blueberry crumb bars.
This kid is turning into quite the berry picker this summer. And he still wants to go pick blackberries later this month.
We enjoyed another great evening at the Shaut's 4th of July BBQ. Delicious food was eaten, corn hole was played, water balloons were thrown, cold hoppy beverages were enjoyed.
And I can't forget that sparklers were lit and colorful explosions awed over. Everything the celebration of America's birth is suppose to be. And I loved Levi telling me (while the big mortars went off), "Mom, hold me!" That just meant I had to put my arm around him. He loved it and I was happy to be his reassurance. We actually didn't leave Dave and Carley's house until after 11pm. After all, I did tell Levi we could stay as late as he wanted...
The rest of our weekend was spent with bike rides to the park, chatting with friends visiting from the Netherlands, rides with said friend in Gabe's "race car", and another BBQ to celebrate Jackie's birthday.
Great weekend with lots of friends and fun. Perfect!



1 comment:
That sounds absolutely perfect! Love, Grammy
Post a Comment