Monday, September 1, 2014

State Fair

The best way to end the summer?  That would be spending time at the Oregon State Fair!
Of course we ate.  Soft serve ice cream, corn dogs, curly fries, and deep fried mash potato balls.
We looked at animals.  Both farm and exotic.  (I always find the cages of snakes and the baby tiger strange at the fair.)  Watched a pig race and spent some time in the petting zoo.
Levi's been asking about the bumper cars since he saw them at Oaks Park last month.  So, he and daddy waited in the long line to give them a whirl.
Levi and I rode the "roller coaster".
Levi and Brooke rode some rides together too. It was Brooke's first time riding amusement park rides...so that was super fun!
Levi wanted to play some games this year too...unfortunately. He had fun.  That's what matters right?
The rest of our weekend we spent shopping and cleaning.  Hitting up the back-to-school sales at Fred Meyer and getting the last things we need for school.  I can't pass up $.19 spirals for my kids who don't bring one. Plus Levi and I both needed new sneakers! Cleaned the house and picked up the yard so we could have friends over for an impromptu BBQ.  Kalua pork and mac salad...my favorite Labor Day tradition.
Here we go. Goodbye summer.  See you in 10 months!
(I do have a September happiness goal...but I'll be back to blog about it tomorrow since I've got to get to bed early tonight.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to end the summer! Looks like tons-o-fun. I can't believe how fast the summer sped by. It seems like only yesterday it was your last day of school! Hugs, Joey