Friday, June 13, 2008

I love vacation

And this is only my first day!
I seriously have had the best day! I got out of bed pretty early...I thought I'd be really tiered from the restless nights of sleep I've had lately. But at 8, I was wide awake and couldn't get myself to fall back to sleep. So, I decided to get up and go to the gym. It's embarrassing to admit how long it's been since I've been there, so I won't. There were only about 10 other people there. Fantastic! When I got off the elliptical my legs felt like jelly, that gives you and idea of how long I've been avoiding the gym. But I felt great. It always feels great afterwards, but I have so much trouble convincing myself off the couch. I spent the rest of the "morning" reading this. The 4th, and final, book comes out in August.
My afternoon was perfect. It was helped out by how wonderful the weather is today. Currently it is 72 and pretty much clear of clouds. Other than the weather making this the perfect afternoon, I went and got my hair cut. Finally! I've managed to put it off for weeks. After my cut I walked down to Powell's, found a few things there, and then walked here to enjoy my much needed end-of-the-year massage. I had some pretty huge knots that needed to be worked out of my shoulders.
Now I'm home, waiting for Gabe. He had to work late today (usually he's off at 11 on Fridays). They have a TON going on, and being that he won't be back for 3 weeks, he felt some obligation. Now he's been waiting at the bank downtown for the last 1/2 hour. He's trying to pick us up some of these.
Well, we're heading out with some friends tonight to celebrate the beginning of summer. We'll be heading to Clyde Common where we'll be trying absinthe. The FDA loosened its restricitons on this spirit and I've been wanting to give it a try. I'll let you know how it is! Then we're heading to Bailey's Taproom. A place Gabe's been desperately wanting to try. It should be a fun way to start the summer, the weekend, and see our friends before we leave for 3 weeks!
Our list of things to do this weekend, in order to be ready for our departure on Monday, is at least a mile long. Hopefully, I'll be back on here before we take off.
-h

No comments: