We had our Living History Day today at school. I spent the day in costume as a Civil War surgeon. Because I was so busy all day, I didn't have a single chance to snap a photo. I'm really bummed out by that.
This morning I went outside to set up my field hospital. I got help from a few colleagues to set up an easy-up tent to use for my cover from the terrible weather that was forecast for today. (I don't think it got much over 50). The wind was blowing pretty strong and I was concerned that the tent may not stay where I wanted. Well, I should have listened to that thought and feeling. I went back to my classroom to get the day started with my first period class and I then saw the most terrifying thing out my window. My easy-up tent was on the football field. It blew down the hill, past the grandstand and was on it's way off school property. At that point I had 20 kids in my room (3 minutes before first period started) and there wasn't much I could do. Other, than ask a trusted student to run out there and rescue it. Which is what I did. All that to say, my field hospital was not all I wanted it to be and it was cold and windy ALL day. Luckily, the torrential downpours never came and I had some company. Gabe reluctantly agreed to come and help me out this afternoon. He was a great help even though he claims he's terrified of middle school students.
We are both spending the evening relaxing with a much needed hops filled beverage.
-h
1 comment:
Only 2 more days!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment