Well the time has come for us to leave the islands and head back to Athens. We're going to miss the laid back atmosphere that the islands have when compared to the big city. Santorini really is a beautiful place. We rented a car yesterday and explored the island. We tasted wine at three different wineries, Santorini is famous for its white and desert wines. They grow grapes in an interesting way here, low to the ground so they retain moisture better and it also protects the fruit. We also got to check out the black sand beach they have here and then went to see the red sand beach as well. The cliff views from each of the different villages on the island was unique and amazing.
It's hard to believe that we'll be back in Portland in a few days!
See you all soon.
-G
3 comments:
I'm, pretty sure I could get used to island life,too. But we're glad you will both be home soon.I'm sure Jupiter misses you!(if he remembers you..hehe)Barb
Ya, hurry back already, we miss you. But glad to hear you are having a good time and can't wait to see the pics. Thanks for the postcard too.
I can't wait to see pictures! It sounds like you guys have had a great time!
Alexis
Post a Comment