Well, we got downtown about the time the doors opened and we were seriously the oldest people in line. I'm not kidding! We were surrounded by kids between the age of 14 and 17, all drinking Monsters. When we got up to the third floor ballroom we were 2 of the only 1/2 dozen people in the over 21 side of the room. So, I'm sitting on a bench in the Crystal wondering where the last 5 years have gone. How have I gotten so old? My feelings of old age didn't go away when the opening band started at 9 o'clock and Wolf Parade didn't go on until 10:15. We did this kind of thing all the time 5 years ago but now I think it's catching up with me.
Even with all of my depressing reflections about my upcoming milestone, the show was great. The opening band, Listening Party, was ok. Wolf Parade put on a good show, playing a lot of songs off their first album and an equal amount from their new album. I prefer the old one so I was happy they played quite a few from that album. Being the old geezers we are, we left about 11:30ish when the crowd was cheering for an encore. I didn't have to be up at 6am to go to work today, but I decided for Gabe's sanity that we'd better head home at that point. I'm sure today he's really feeling 24 again!
-h
2 comments:
You are funny! (and STILL pretty young if you ask me.)XOX
i feel ya. dave and i often leave before the encore, too tired of standing and the crowds. at least you went out on a "work night"!!
Post a Comment