Friday, October 10, 2008

The Big Easy


New Orleans, that is. As some of you may know I was down in New Orleans over last weekend and for the first part of this week. The picture above is the Mississippi River with downtown to the right side. The bridges are the Crescent City Connection.

I was down there for work, the American Trucking Association was having their annual conference and exhibition. I was there to work our booth in the exhibition hall. It was a good show, and we got some (hopefully) solid sales leads.

During my free time I got to explore the part of the city I could walk to. Basically that meant I could see the French Quarter, including Bourbon Street. The city is still pretty clearly depressed, lots of boarded up buildings. There is some pretty neat architecture in the area though.

It's always fun to see new places, especially some place with the history that New Orleans does, but I'm also glad to be back home.

No comments: