Sunday, November 9, 2008

Here It Is


Here is the big purchase that Heidi was talking about last week. I finally got it home from work on Friday and just haven't been able to blog about it. It's an engine and wiring harness from a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX that I'll be swapping into my 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS. When new, my car was rated at 165HP, and now with 147K on the engine, I'm sure it's much less than that. This new engine is rated at 227HP, and only has 45K on it. It's something that I've wanted to do since I bought my car. It'll be combining two of Subaru's best products, the 2.5RS, and their 2.0 liter turbo engine, the EJ20. In the US, the two were never available together. You weren't able to get the turbo engine until the WRX came out in 2002, but that was a heavier, and uglier car. It's going to be a ton of work to get it done, but I'm really looking forward to doing it.

-G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... that sounds exciting! Heidi must LOVE hearing you talk about it... almost as riviting as when Paul tells me all about thermodynamics! :)

Bryan said...

I wanna help. I can hand you the screwdrivers. I think I know the difference between a flat head and philips at this point even!!!