is going on around here. Just the same old, same old.
I had a really terrible week. It was horribly terrible. Thank God it's in the past. I don't think it's possible to have one any worse, and if I ever do have one worse, at the end I'll be writing my letter of resignation. It's been a really difficult fall and that somewhat explains my absence on the blogging scene. I've never wanted this blog to be a place where I complain about the difficult parts of my life and since I haven't had much of anything positive to be sharing...I just haven't been sharing. Not that I have anything specific to write about today either. I've just been feeling like I need to get on here and do an update since it's been awhile.
I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving. It's definitely my favorite holiday. What's not to like? All my favorite foods, time to spend with family, and 4 days off. We aren't hosting this year, my mom is, so that makes it even easier! I won't have to do the 5 sink fulls of dishes that end up being created. But I guess I can help my mom with a few! Gabe's mom is coming up and we'll go over to my parents for dinner, taking the pies and green bean casserole with us. If you want the best green bean casserole recipe in existence you should email me. It's 1000 times better than the recipe you find on the fried onion label!
We've spent most of the weekend getting things to make this years holiday card and cocktail party invitations. We also bought the first Christmas gift of the year. We aren't the sort that plan ahead on that, so it's a huge deal that we have a gift purchased before Thanksgiving. Most of my family is not going to be in town for Christmas so we won't be buying the quantity of gifts we have in the past. I'm relieved. I hate shopping...especially at this time of year. Not that I don't love giving gifts but...do we really need more stuff? I'd rather just be able to spend time together. I guess that's why I love Thanksgiving!
-h
2 comments:
I am so looking forward to T-day!The dirty dishes are definately my least favorite part,but it's worth it. But I have to admit, I want the pecan pie more than the green beans!!!
I want the green beans more than the pecan pie! Can you e-mail me the recipe? jsberkeatgmaildotcom
Post a Comment