Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Isn't it Friday yet?

I'm really looking forward to this weekend.  Since it's a long holiday weekend...and because we have a fun getaway planned.  It really has nothing to do with Valentine's day!  I promise.  We gave up "celebrating" a few years ago.
We're going to a fondue feast at a friend's house on Friday night.  And then Saturday morning we're going to take off north to Seattle.  A few months ago, Gabe and I were talking about how we really wanted to get away for this long weekend.  He actually gets Monday off!  We threw around some ideas and decided on Seattle.  It's been awhile since either of us have been there.  Plus we always enjoy exploring a "new" place.  As much as we love Portland, sometimes we run out of new things to try.  It's sorta funny, neither of us has actually been up in the space needle!  The iconic Seattle landmark, and neither of us has actually been there in our many trips to our neighbor to the north.  So that's definitely on our list of things to do while we're there this weekend.
Time for our walk.  I gotta go get my shoes on before Gabe turns on 24 or Heroes and we get sucked into the couch for good tonight.
-h

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Seattle. Hope you make it down to Pike Place Market. The Space Needle is cool and the view is awesome; even though it is rather expensive.

Valentine Month continues for the "Old West"........

Anonymous said...

If you want a nice ferry ride... Go to Anderson island north of Olympia turn at the army base. Small but nice little island to explore.

Steve

Mom said...

It's FRIDAY!!! Hope you have fun this weekend!Drive safe and take lot's of pictures!!XOXOXOOXXOXO Mom