Why do weekends have to go by so quickly, while the week days just drag on and on? I was really disappointed to wake up this morning and have to head to work. My wonderful husband did the dishes before he left to hang out with the guys...that makes the day a little more tolerable.
We had a fun and busy weekend. We took off right after I got home on Friday to drive down to Eugene. Gabe's old co-worker recently moved down there and he invited us down to go see the Modest Mouse show. It was an interesting show. I felt like I was back in high school. The never ending stage jumping and crowd surfing really was ridiculous. I was really glad we were sitting up in the balcony so we weren't in the middle of it. There's no way I would have made it through the entire show otherwise. It was a really late night...getting into bed at 1:00am isn't something I do much anymore! On our way home Saturday we stopped in Harrisburg and had brunch with Gabe's dad and Joanne. It was nice to see them. I absolutely crashed when we got home. I think I took a good 2 1/2 hour nap...Gabe took one too. I'm not sure what his excuse is!
Yesterday I had mother/daughter bunco with the girls. We've been terrible about getting together so it was nice to be able to hang out with them for the afternoon. If only our lives would just slow down a little!
Well, I've just managed to put off the work I brought home another 1/2 hour. Guess I should at least get it started before I completely crash. When is this 2nd trimester energy I've heard all about going to arrive?
1 comment:
I think the weeks are flying by too. Although the weekends go 2x as fast.And I wasn't aware that you needed an "excuse" for a nap. Hmmmm... XOXOX
Post a Comment