Monday, January 18, 2010

"Real" Food!

Ok...so I've been trying to blog all day. But our internet hasn't been working. I restarted every piece of it, at least a dozen times, in an attempt to get things working. With no success. Only to have Gabe walk through the door, go down stairs, and call up to me that it's working about 10 seconds later. Totally frustrating!

Anyway....
Levi's been eating rice cereal this weekend!And he seems to like it! He's been eating it really well. Expect for the fact that he'd be just as happy chewing on the spoon. He likes to grab the spoon out of your hand, as you can see he's about to do in this photo. After we gave him cereal on Friday and Saturday he was more spitty than usual. So we think his stomach may not be quite ready for it. I gave him a little bit more this afternoon and so far so good. If it seems like it agrees with him today, we'll continue cereal for the rest of the week and maybe try some avocado over the weekend. Exciting!

Along with this milestone, I think we've also reached the teething one. There have been times I think he's been teething but now I'm sure of it! Last night Levi was up about every 2 hours and then wouldn't go back to sleep at 4am. The only thing I can figure is that his teeth are bothering him so bad he can't sleep. He seems fine otherwise (minus biting and chewing on everything...like the spoon coming into his mouth). We have some homeopathic teething tablets, so I'll be popping those in him before bed tonight. I don't think any of us want a repeat of last night.

I'd really like to get on here more often but work is keeping me pretty busy. Yuck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Eating "real" food already! That's exciting!

Alexis

Mom said...

It seems to me that he's getting the hang of it!He did great today!!XXOXOXO Gramma G

Paul and Peggy said...

Z still likes chewing his spoon! :) That picture is too cute!