Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Gabe!

It's Gabe's birthday weekend. And it is a celebration literally lasting all weekend. Yesterday evening his dad and Joanne came up. We had a nice dinner, cake (sour cream orange...one of Gabe's favorites), and presents. He was thrilled to finally have this in his hands. I'm a terrible wife. He picked out, and purchased, his own birthday present. He even had it delivered to himself at work. I never know what to get him. I think it makes things a little better that I wrapped it up and made him wait until his actual birthday to use it. I'm sure he disagrees. He was like a little kid, asking me every day if he could please just get it out early.

Today, Gabe and his dad took off to spectate at the Doo Wop Rally. The weather is perfect for it. I think every year I've gone up there it's been pouring rain or REALLY cold. Levi, Joanne and I are holding down the fort here. We took a trip to the park and enjoyed the sunshine. I need to get out and work in the yard, but our baby has been on a sleeping strike.

This week was definitely the worst sleeping week we've ever had. Even worse than when he was a newborn. Almost every night this week Levi has woken up screaming several times. A few nights he literally screamed for hours. (Usually between the hours of 1 and 3am). The only time he'd stop was when Gabe held him upright and rocked him. We thought maybe he had an ear infection, so Gabe took him into the doctor, only to be told he's probably teething and suffering from separation anxiety. Great! Neither of those things will be easy to fix. Needless to say Gabe and I were both on edge most of the week.

But I'm glad this week from hell is ending by celebrating the birth of the man I love. Tomorrow my family will come over for dinner and the final party. It's my sister, Tricia's, birthday today. Good times!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like Gabes birthday weekend has been a nice one.Sorry you missed out on the Rally Heidi.;0) We'll see if the rain holds off for one more day!XOXOX

Paul and Peggy said...

can he have motrin yet??? I'm not into giving too many drugs, but at 1:30 Motrin is a miracle drug for teething!!!! Hope this week is better!