First, the work. Heidi did some!
I've been teasing Heidi that she hasn't done a whole lot of work on the kitchen project. She promptly reminds me that someone has to watch Levi while the remodel work goes on. Heidi got her work on the remodel in this weekend when she did all the grout work on the new backsplash. I spent most of Saturday laying the tile and Sunday Heidi finished it up. It came out pretty nice if I do say so myself.Now, the play.
As a reward for getting all the work done, we went to the zoo. We went in the evening as the crowds were on their way out, but it was still fairly busy. I finally got to see the lions in their new exhibit which was pretty neat. The cheetah was also out and pretty active. I also saw the orangutan in their new exhibit which wasn't even open last time I was there a couple months ago.Monday we had some more fun when we went to Dave and Carley's for dinner. We enjoyed an amazing dinner of coq au vin and Levi got a kick out of Wags, their dog.
All in all, a fun and fitting end to our summer.
-Gabe
3 comments:
I think Heidi did a TERRIFIC job on the backsplash!! It sounds like you guys had a real nice weekend.Don't you wish every weekend was that long???? Barb
can't wait to see a "finished" picture of the kitchen! It looks amazing!!!
Can't wait to see the kitchen in a couple of weeks! You two did an awesome job. Hey - we're planning on gutting and remodeling our bathroom; are you guys for hire? lol..........Hugs, Joey
Post a Comment