but they cut two of our inservice days due to the budget shortfall. So, here I am at home. Doing laundry, cleaning my house, and playing with Levi. Not sure how I'm going to get my classroom and lessons ready for students, with almost half the amount of work time. But I decided I'm not putting in any extra unpaid time to start the year. Students might show up and the room may just be bare.
So these are the things I wanted to accomplish this summer.
Lets see how I did!
*Lots of snuggle time with my baby
Mission accomplished. I'm just lucky our little guy is such a snuggle bug!
*Swimming lessons
Done. I think we might try and go to family swim this fall and winter to keep Levi use to the water. It would be awesome if next summer I could sign him up for the over 18 month class. They swim on their own in that one!
*Walks and swinging at the park
We didn't get to the park as much as I'd hoped. Mostly because the weather this summer was sorta hit or miss. For example it's been sprinkling all morning and is suppose to be the same most of the week.
*SUNSHINE
See last comment. But the warm weather and sunshine we had was amazing!
*Going to the zoo
Boy did we go to the zoo! I think we went over a half dozen times with lots of different friends. Maybe we'll go with daddy this weekend.
*Starting a new painting
Well, that didn't happen. I didn't even touch my paints. Bummer!
*Reading-finishing this, then reading this and this
Oh...boy did I read. I think I made it through eight books this summer. But I still haven't touched the Sunset magazines that have sitting in a pile for months.
*A new kitchen
Almost done. This weekend we'll work on the back splash. Our other project is to get the hot tub full and ready to be used now that I'm going back to work. It sure helps get rid of the stress my job creates.
*Story time at the library
We never did make it. Just happens to take place during Levi's morning nap. Maybe once he's down to one nap a day we can check it out.
*Planning and throwing a 1st birthday party
And it was a ton of fun!
*Our vacation to the Olympic National Park and San Juan Islands
*The annual camping trip at Trillim Lake
*Starting, and maybe finishing, Levi's baby book
Wow! I printed off about 50 pictures and that's as far as I got on this one. Maybe this fall and winter will be a good time to work on the baby book. I'd like to have it done before he graduates from high school.
2 comments:
You did GOOOOOOOD!!!My turn for a ZOO trip!!Maybe with GREAT GRAMMMA!
You're amazing! You got so many things done that you had planned. Levi is such a lucky little guy. Can't wait to go to the Zoo with you guys. Hugs, Joey
Post a Comment