Saturday, August 21, 2010

This is what we've been waiting for!

Isn't it wonderful?
I will never forget how wonderful a working kitchen is again, in my entire life. I can't believed we suffered without it for 2 months.
As you can see, we still aren't finished. Gabe is out of town...again. He's presenting at a military conference in Austin this weekend. So we won't be getting the back splash put in anytime soon. To be honest. It could stay like this for the next year. I'd still be happy. All I care about is that it works! But we've both laid tile before so I think we'll be able to work on it in the evenings this week. The trim for the floor still hasn't arrived either. We'll have this kitchen finished eventually.
I'm back to "work" on Monday. Taking a class about writing all week. Then back for real, in meetings and in my classroom, the following week. Where did this summer go? I can't believe we're at the end of it already!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Its the simple things in life. I love having hot & cold water at my finger tips,I DO not take it for granted!! Nor will you ....XOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

I want to see more pictures!

Alexis

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! And, running hot & cold water in the same room - PRICELESS! Hugs, Joey