When he notices it he says the two words have "the same name."
We told him earlier this week that when words sound the same that means they rhyme.
So the other day when I asked him to "promise" to follow his sleep rules at nap time with Grandma G, he said, "Promise sounds like Thomas. They rhyme." Now all sorts of things rhyme! It's really cute.
Update on the new bed:
I appreciated my sister's advice. But I was really hoping the toddler bed would work out because this is the next bed I want to buy Levi and I feel like double is too big for a 2 & 1/2 year old.
But (I think) we found the motivation he needed. And I'm somewhat embarrassed by it. More and more research is coming out about the negative effects screen time has on young children (especially those under 2). So we've been careful to not have the TV on around Levi and not really make it a part of his life. In his 2 & 1/2 years he's seen Cars three times and Bambi once. Well, he's been asking us (and Grandma G) if he can watch "Lighting" (that's what he calls Cars) all week. So we told him that if he follows his sleep rules he can watch "Lighting" on Saturday. (I was desperate!) I didn't think the delayed gratification would work on a kid this young but we remind him of the rules every time he lays down for nap and bedtime. And we tell him if he follows the rules he'll get to watch "Lightening" later. Seems to be working. Or maybe he's just getting use to the bed. Who knows!
![]() |
| Playing at the park this beautiful sunny (but cold) February morning! |

3 comments:
Really cute picture of father and son. Love you all! Nana
It really amazes me that he is starting to rhyme at such a young age!And the sentences he comes up with sometimes!!Cracks me up!Fun picture. Did you head to the park early today ,so you could have the place to yourselves??? ;0)XOX
I love the picture of the boys! Levi is such a smart little boy - rhyming at 2-1/2! Those ribs look awesome. We went to the property on Friday & just got back a couple of hours ago. Tom cooked 3 days for 16 people and loved it. Can't wait to see you guys - and Levi's new bed. Love, Joey
Post a Comment