Monday, July 30, 2012

Update: Deck Under Construction

Last weekend (when Levi wasn't home) Gabe and I were able to take down the old deck and a tree that was in the way of the additional deck space we are adding.
Here's a photo of the almost completely demolished deck space.
Gabe ripped boards out while I hauled it all to the recycling dumpster in the driveway.
Pretty full by the end of the demolition.
Since all home improvement projects end up uncovering a surprise, Gabe found some rot in the siding of the house next to the back door.  So most of his work in the evenings last week was getting new siding on and putting on the ledger so that rot will not happen again.

This weekend was all about framing.
And then laying decking boards.

As of right now, Gabe has one more deck board to put in, some trim work to do, a step to build and railing to order (and then put in when we get it).
I'll be back to show the completed project...soon I hope.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I am sure you guys are anxious to be using that new deck and probably needing a soak in that hot tub!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it! Good job everybody. I know Tom sure enjoyed helping out on Sunday! Hugs, Joey