Sunday, August 19, 2012

All good things must come to an end

Thankfully, not quite yet!

Levi and I have one more week of summer vacation.  Next week at this time I'll be gearing up to head back to school.  Prepping my classroom and planning lessons to welcome 200+ new 8th graders to American History.  (Technically, 4 days.  I have to go to a planning meeting all day on Thursday! Yuck!)

We've been making every moment count.
Here's what we've been up to over the last week:
Levi had to go in for his yearly check up at the doctor.  I'm happy to report he's almost 40 inches and almost 39 lbs!
We went to the zoo with friends.
We finally filled up Levi's pool to splash and swim in the 100 degree afternoon.
We picked peaches at the farm.  (Well, I picked while Levi played in the dirt.)
Took Levi's first MAX ride down to Saturday market.
Bought the most amazing Chester blackberries from the farmer's market.
And of course we had to play with all Levi's new toys.
Here is our young scholar at work learning his letters.  Levi can identify about 10 letters in the alphabet but we haven't really worked at writing them.  (We aren't even sure yet if he's a lefty or a righty.  He uses both hands for so many things still.)  At dinner tonight we started talking about things that start with "F" so I decided after dinner I'd show him how to write "F".  I showed him, wrote one with him, and this is the one he wrote all by himself.
He's saying: "F".  Having him say something is about the only way I can get him to look at the camera.
I just noticed how bad this guys buck teeth are!  Guess we should start saving for corrective orthodontic treatment now.  Braces aren't covered in our dental plan...

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love seeing the pics and hearing what you guys have been up to!Great F Levi,and we can almost hear the sound Heidi,you caught it right on! XOXOX (I think I like him better in the McQueen glasses.) ;0)