Monday, February 18, 2013

SLIME

Our activity this morning came from a question.
Levi gets to ask one question every night before bed.  (A rule that started because he would call us back to his room multiple times after being put to bed...telling us he "had a question."  Gotta love sleep stall tactics!)  Anyway, I don't usually hear the questions because I do the books part of the bed time routine and Gabe does the final tucking in/one question part.

With Gabe out of town, I've had the pleasure of hearing (and trying to answer) Levi's questions.  They usually sound something like: "My one question is...what is __________________ made of?"
One night last week the question was: "What is frogs skin made of?"
My answer of skin cells wasn't quite good enough I guess because Levi chimed in, "What about slime?"  I tried to explain that some frogs might feel slimy because they need their skin to stay moist but slime isn't really part of it.  So, we agreed to make our own slime!


This morning we took a quick trip to the store for the needed supplies:
A little bit of Borax
Some clear glue (We were hoping to get sparkle glue but our Freddie's didn't have any.)

We added water and a little green food coloring.  Slime was made!
(And I think we've gotten at least an hour of entertainment out of it today!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are soooo clever, Mama!! I love that smile. Love, Grammy

Mom said...

Way cool! Hope there is some slime left for me to play with tomorrow.XOXOXOXO