Friday, August 9, 2013

lazy days

Levi and I have spent the last few weeks slowing down our summer pace.
I felt like July was packed so full and flew by!
It was time to relax a bit...

So the last few weeks we've had a few play dates, baked multiple batches of these with figs from my friend Jen's tree (obviously they are my new favorite dessert of the moment), had a sports class in the morning where Levi got to try lacrosse for the first time, spent a lot of time making a rocket piƱata and jet packs for a special kids 4th birthday party, met Gabe for lunch at his current favorite burger joint, and had a morning soccer camp.

And here are a few photos of highlights from this lazy week of summer.
*Getting a tux fitting at guys night:
Levi and Gabe are going to be in Gabe's friend Bryan's wedding in Illinois in September.  So Levi got to tag along for guys night which included a tux fitting and then dinner at Red Robin.
I'm not sure what's with the Blue Steel Zoolander face.  It must just come out the first time you put a nice suite jacket on!

*Getting to meet these two sweet little guys:
Our friend Jen had her twin boys last week and we got to meet them on Tuesday night.
Meet Braden!
And Caden: (He's the one on the left...sleeping.)
The thought going through Gabe's mind in this photo is: "Oh, thank God we only had one!"

I can't believe how tiny they are, but they are healthy and keeping mom and dad up at night.  Just like all newborns should.

The next few weeks we'll keep enjoying our last moments of summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was on Levi's mind as he stood behind his Dad?

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there :) xo Sarah