Monday, August 5, 2013

Catching Crawdads

Getting into Indian Creek and catching crawdads with Grandpa Tom and Grammy Joey, is definitely one of the highlights of the summer!
The daddies seemed a little less plentiful this year, but we did catch some of the biggest daddies ever.
Plus, the weather was perfect!
First crawdad caught!  Daddy caught him in the bucket because Grandpa Tom was still bringing the nets down from the truck.

We had a great day on the creek.  After just 2 & 1/2 hours (with a break for lunch and beers) we caught 269 crawdads.  Which Grandpa Tom made into some delicious crawdad cakes (think crab cakes...YUMMY!)

Levi took the kissing of the crawdad tradition to a whole new level this year.
I'm not sure why this live crawdad is hanging out in Levi's mouth, or why Levi thought it was a good idea.  But I am certain he wouldn't be so brave if that crawdad had come out of the creek and not the ice filled cooler.  They're pretty slow when they are almost frozen!

Thanks Grandpa Tom and Grammy Joey...we're already looking forward to next year.

2 comments:

Mom said...

That is GROSS. I will have to take your word on how yummy those crawdad cakes are.I probably wont get to try them myself anytime soon.But thank goodness for awesome sunny summer days!! XOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

We had the best time! Thanks for coming and sharing it with us. I wouldn't put them in my mouth - I don't care how cold they were from the ice - Levi's much more adventurous than Grammy! Those crawdad cakes were the best. Tom's going to make some with Langostinos (freshwater lobster & basically 'daddies); we'll let you know how they are. Tinka's still resting. lol. Love, Grammy