Sunday, October 6, 2013

Apples!

This weekend we've had the most amazingly beautiful fall weather.  I think it's been especially sweet since we had that crazy rain/wind storm last weekend!

Saturday we went east to Hood River to pick apples.
Like I said...BEAUTIFUL!

We picked some Jonagold and Gala apples for apple sauce.

We picked some Empire apples for baking.  (Currently there is a dutch apple pie cooling for dessert tonight.)

And of course we had to pick some Honeycrisp apples simply for eating! 

The sunshine has been a blessing since it also allowed us a chance to clean up the garden and yard in preparation for the next 6 months of rain!
We're hopeful for more fall weekends like this.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Mt.Hood was absolutely glowing in the sun this weekend! What great pictures,and what a nice day to be picking apples!XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Just great shot of the three of you. Good one to print. Love, Grandma Winnie

Anonymous said...

Pictures are awesome and I can almost smell the pie. Tom put the garden beds "to bed" for the winter on Monday. Need to get the hanging baskets trimmed back & the tropical plants & vines in the greenhouse before we leave for Mexico. Our little man looks like quite the apple picker! And, I love the picture of you three! Love, Grammy