Friday, March 28, 2008

At the HUB


That would be Hopworks Urban Brewery, Portland's only (self proclaimed) eco-brewpub. I've been following the development of the brewery for a few months now, wondering when it was going to open. Well, on the day we got back from Vegas, there was a news story about it, saying it had opened. I figured Friday after I got off work would be a perfect time to check it out, lunch on a weekday shouldn't be too busy. Heidi and both had burgers, that were great, they came on a cheese bun that was really good. The fries are wedge cut with skins on, making them a unique style that was also very tasty. I had their bourbon barrel-aged winter beer and the Survival Stout that's made with espresso from Stumptown, both were good, but the stout had almost too much coffee flavor for me. Heidi had an IPA and the Crosstown Pale, she said both were good.

After lunch we headed to Fred Meyer to return a shirt Heidi had bought and I convinced her to head with me to check and see if they had any Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii. Fortunately, they did. That gift card from work had been burning a hole in my wallet. We've been playing a bit this afternoon, and it's tough, even on easy. Definitely fun though, I can wait to get into this weekend.
-G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to try it out sometime.(and get a good laugh watching you guys:)Barb