Sunday, March 2, 2008

Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden

It was a beautiful "spring like" Sunday, so we decided to take a little stroll through Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden. The garden was alive with excitement. Flowers are open, the ducks were playing, and there were more people there today than I've ever seen. We took the camera and were able to get some nice shots. This one was my favorite.
The weekend has been low key and relaxing. Gabe helped me grade papers yesterday! The end of the trimester is Thursday and I've had my kids working on several large projects that now need to be graded. After we'd read enough 8th grade essays about Westward Expansion, we went to see No Country For Old Men and got dinner at Broadway Pub. Sort of like a "date" night. We figured with all the awards the film won, we should probably see it.
After our walk today we did some grocery shopping and went to Borders. I got this book and this book. They're both ones I've had on my to-read list for awhile. Now we're watching Star Wars Episode IV. Guess who's choice that one was? Boy, is Luke a whiny baby!  Speaking of Episode IV...check this You Tube video out!  It is sooo funny!
Why do weekends always have to go buy so quickly? I'm not ready to start the week all over again!
-h

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a nice weekend. You didn't say much about the movie. Shocking? Or was it easy to shake off? Anyway,hope your week at school goes well!Mom

jessica said...

We saw that movie too. We were on the edge of our seats. Very violent, but I think I liked it. Did you guys?

Gabe said...

I'm glad we saw the movie. It's not really a movie that you "love". I like how you say you think you liked it.
It's deep and heavy and typical of Cormack McCarthy. I've read some of his books and the "unfinished" ending seems to be his style. The movie gave Gabe and I a lot to talk about at dinner. Movies that make me think and want to talk more about them are my favorite.
-h