Friday, July 17, 2009

Finally!...some good news

We got verbal approval on Monday from the seller's bank. They will be approving the short sale! This morning Gabe received an email with the written approval attached. Things are in motion to close next week. Everyone is optimistic that we'll be able to close on time (Thursday). I'm thrilled by the possibility of being in our new house next week! I may be finally painting and getting a nursery ready. Nothing like waiting for the very last minute. The little guy is expected to arrive in less than 4 weeks! I keep telling him that he's welcome to come any time after his due date. We'll see if he listens! I'm sure we'll need every day we can get to have the house in order before he gets here. But there is finally light at the end of this very long tunnel.

We've decided to venture out this weekend and go camping. I really didn't want to miss our yearly camping trip with our friends, but I'm not sure how it's going to go. Other than needing to pee about 4 times a night...I've been feeling really good, so I'm feeling hopeful that I won't be too miserable. Plus, we decided to just go for one night. I figure I can tough it out for at least one night. So Saturday and Sunday we'll be out at Detroit Lake. Since I may not want to be out on the water a whole lot...I'll make sure to take some pictures and get them up here. After all, this is our one get-a-way for the summer. I was just telling Gabe the other day that this has been the most "boring" summer ever. We have a lot going on in our lives but it isn't the fun weekend camping trips, 2 week vacations or road trips we're use to taking. I guess that's what happens when Gabe has to save his vacation, and we're both waiting patiently for the arrival of our little guy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah on the house! I'm so happy for you guys!

I'm glad you aren't missing the camping trip either.
Alexis

Mom said...

YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy for you guys! Take it easy camping - don't want to have our grandson come into the world in a boat on Detroit Lake! Hey, you could name him Detroit. lol. And, I know this isn't a news flash to either of you, but your lives will never be the same after BBW arrives - it'll be better. Hugs, Joey

Anonymous said...

Such good news about the house. Will you be doing the painting before you move in or after (just BBW's room. Enjoy the water, it should be beautiful. It will be cooling off some here in Oakridge - high 80's. Thanks for the update. lol. Nana Winnie

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear the good news. Grandma Girard