Thursday, July 2, 2009

Soon to be homeless

Gabe and I were at the title company bright and early this morning to sign the papers on our house. We no longer own our home. It's officially sold. You'd think I'd be excited about it but it actually brings me to tears. I may be sad to leave this house but that's not why the tears are coming. It's because things just keep getting worse with the whole house buying process.
Last week, or maybe the week before, we got new that the sellers of the house we put an offer on are in a much worse financial situation then they originally thought. They had to ask the bank to make the sale a short sale. So now we wait. We wait to hear if the bank will approve the short sale and if we can move forward with the sale. All the while, hoping that the original closing date can be maintained. We were suppose to hear news from the bank this week but since they are closed for the holiday weekend tomorrow, we probably won't hear anything more until early next week. So, basically everything is on hold and the longer things are on hold the more likely it is that we will still be homeless when the little guy arrives. That's what brings me to tears. I can't stand being stuck in the middle and I'm angry and frustrated that things just can't work out.
Next weekend we move our stuff out and into storage. I should say Gabe will be moving it out. I won't be much help. Although I've been packing everything we can do without for the last few weeks, he's got a lot of stuff to haul out of here. We'll be with my parents for a while. Since we don't really know if and when we'll have a house we might be looking at rentals. This really sucks! So all of these frustrations, combined with pregnancy hormones, are getting me really down. I guess I'll go drown my sorrows in boxes that need to be packed.
-h

1 comment:

Mom said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED SOME ICE CREAM:0)XOXOXOXOXO