Here are some pictures my mom took. I took a few with our camera but didn't think about leaving out the card reader for our laptop and/or the cord and equipment necessary to hook our camera up to the laptop. Those items are all packed away! So I have pictures...they're just stuck on the camera for now.
I have to admit that I was pretty sad doing our last walk through of the empty house. We made a lot of fun memories in that house. It was a great first home and leaving it really symbolizes the end of one chapter of our life together. I called Gabe on the way over to my parents (I was driving his car and he was driving his dad's truck) and we both got a little emotional and teary eyed.
Just as we pulled away from the house Gabe realized that we left one important item behind in the house. Important only because I'm sure the buyer won't appreciate having to deal with it...Jupiter's litter box. Gabe called our realtor to see if she could come and let him back in since we locked the keys in the house, but she didn't answer. I guess if that's the only thing we forgot it's not bad for us. I just feel bad for forgetting about it. We intentionally made Jupiter the last thing we packed up but just overlooked that one important thing.
As far as our new house is concerned...we still wait. The bank and our lender have both done their appraisals. Our lender's appraisal came back great and our financing is all set. Like I said, now we wait for the seller's bank to approve the short sale...or not. We decided to look at a few more houses as they come on the market just in case this one does end up falling through. We looked at few last week and maybe we'll look at some more this week. Depends what comes on the market. I'm still hoping we hear from the seller's bank by Wednesday one way or the other.
Now, we're here at mom and dad's hoping we'll be in our own place in a few weeks. It's wonderful that they're letting us crash at their house. I'm very thankful. But I think we'd all prefer to have us in our own place. Soon...I hope!
1 comment:
I'm sure it was tough leaving your first home; you all did a lot of your personal touches on both the inside and outside. I hope you get some positive information this week. I think your shape has changed Heidi; maybe the little guy is getting into position for a "natural" entrance into our world.
Post a Comment