Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Idea of "Play"

I was told by a friend last weekend (a friend that will remain nameless so she will not incur the wrath of Levi's grandmas) that I should include some pictures of what I consider "play". In other words...not just pictures of the cutest kid on the planet. That got me thinking. There are a lot of things I enjoy in addition to spending time playing with my boys. And really, I don't do those things nearly enough. I don't get out my paints and pictures enough. I don't open up my Kindle enough. I don't sit outside and soak up the sun enough. (Actually, I'll do this in a heartbeat when we get some sunshine). I don't get pedicures and massages enough! And I don't bake nearly enough! Mostly because if I bake it...I eat it.
Other than spending my furlough days (Thursday and Friday) playing with Levi, I made the most delicious chocolate chip cookies.
I think Levi likes my idea of play too...
I gave him two chocolate chips while I was making the cookies and he thought they were the greatest thing ever! I don't think we've ever given him chocolate. Boy, did he love that cookie!
(This picture is for Levi's grandmas.)

3 comments:

Mom said...

IF there was a real Cookie Monster, I think he would look just like that! What a funny little grin! It is clear that he is enjoying his cookie. XOXOXOXO Thanks!;0)

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum. I can almost smell the warm cookies coming out of the oven. You certainly need to have your pleasures, too. Please don't feel scorned. You need to make time for yourself. You must admit that fresh cookie dough is a lot different than a plastic dump truck. Levi couldn't be more pleased. Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

mmmm...that is a good mix of your "play" and Levi's "play". :)

Alexis