Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had lots of help celebrating my birthday this year.

Someone helped me blow out my candles.Someone also helped me open all my gifts. Actually, I should say I was the one who helped open gifts because the only ones I got to open myself were the ones I opened after my helper was in bed.For my birthday, Gabe and I were also able to enjoy one of the best meals of our life (here). We've read a lot about the chef (she competed on Top Chef Masters) and her restaurant. But the price of the meal meant we needed to go for a special occasion. We decided my birthday was finally the perfect excuse. And I'm not kidding. The meal was amazing. 6 courses. 2 1/2 hours. The main dish was a cognac brined pork loin with house cured green cabbage, pickled wild plum relish, a parsley sauce, and duck & veal demi-glaze. AMAZING! But I think the soup course might have been my favorite. A wonderful cream of fennel soup with sake cured salmon roe that exploded in your mouth. It was a wonderful meal. The perfect ending to celebrate growing yet another year older.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great pictures! So glad we could help to make that birthday special. XOXOXOXO