Tonight's Sunday supper was sort of a warm up for Thanksgiving.
Gabe made chicken in a pot with thyme and a lemon sauce. Yummy! And to complete the meal I roasted some rings of delicata squash and cooked some banana fingerling potatoes in a pan with butter, salt and pepper. It was an easy and delicious fall meal. What really made it feel like Thanksgiving was the pumpkin pie and whipped cream our friends Drew and Paula brought over for dessert!
Just in case you're wondering...yes we've already had Drew and Paula over for supper. We've gone through our short list of friends already and are now inviting people over for a second round to finish up the year. (I think that's part of the reason we've been having trouble getting Sunday supper rolling again! We sorta feel silly inviting people over again.) Oh well, I'm determined to finish up the year strong!
2 comments:
I can't believe it's here so soon. Seems like yesterday it was Thanksgiving and then XMas! Must be true that time flies when you get older (and not just because of having fun!). I get to cook turkey dinner for Tom this year (he still wants to do the cranberries and gravy) beings he's having his surgery so close to Thanksgiving. Lyndsi's on her own this year......Hugs, Joey
You shouldn't feel silly...I think it's great you are inviting people again. :) Looking forward to our turn. :)
Post a Comment