Saturday, November 24, 2012

Full of Thanks!

I love Thanksgiving.
And I was happy to be cooking and hosting at our house again this year.  That was until I saw everything we had to wash and clean up.  (I hate to admit that I still have a roasting pan and dutch oven to wash...and it's been more than 36 hours since the big meal.)

Levi and I made pies together on Wednesday.
Along with my traditional no-bake pumpkin, we also made chocolate pecan (for Grandma G!)
Levi loved helping me put on the pecans!

The meal was great!
(Turkey took a little longer than planned...so Gabe's not in the picture since he's still carving the bird.)  Also, I didn't fix my depth of field on this picture so I'm sorry not everyone is in focus.

Someone loves Thanksgiving just because of the cranberries.  Pretty sure he filled up on them!

When I asked Levi what he was thankful for this year he said:
"I'm thankful for YOU...and Daddy."
Melts this Mommy's heart!
I sure am thankful for these great boys in my life.
Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Mom said...

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving because of a wonderful meal amd time with family. Thank you guys!xox(love all the pics)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Wish we could have been there with you guys. Looks like our little guy is a big help. Our turkey dinner turned out great, and Tom's peach pie (he used your canned peaches) and squash pies and fresh cranberries were great. Of course the Gravy King had to make gravy. Tinka is thankful for leftovers! Hope to see you one of these days when Tom can ride in the truck longer. Love, Grammy

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to be with you all for the delicious Thanksgiving dinner. I enjoyed reading to Levi and seeing how much he has grown so tall. Love, Nana