This was the first stop on our grand Kentucky tour.
Since most of the cave tours are fairly long and strenuous, we signed up (with hesitation) for one that was rated moderate. We were very hopeful that Levi would be up for the 500+ steps in, around and out of the cave. It was pretty awesome.
Sawyer and I already agreed that when he's old enough, we're doing the 6 hour spelunking trip.
We spent most of our time in Kentucky in Lexington.
We rented a house right downtown with the hope that we could walk to parks and restaurants. The not-so-spring like weather we had sure put a damper on that plan.
The snow didn't keep Gabe and Ryan from doing what they wanted most while in Kentucky. Bourbon country to be exact. One day we all went to these two distilleries. The kids got to have a sample at one...root beer. Levi's loved it! Then the following day, the big boys hit up a bunch more. They should be getting their t-shirt to commemorate their journey, and bourbon tasting, in 4-6 weeks. This is what Levi though about the yeasty smell of bourbon being made.
![]() |
| "It's stinky!" |
I was hoping Heather and I could take the kids here while the boys were off sipping bourbon. After all, Kentucky is knowing for it's love of the race horse. But the snow did keep us from that. Instead, we found an indoor gym so the kids could play and have some fun!
On our way back to Nashville...we had to make a few stops.
I insisted we visit Abraham Lincoln's birthplace.
Inside this commemorative building, is a replica of the cabin the 16th President was born in.
Pretty neat to this nerdy history teacher. I was thankful everyone else was willing to tag along!
We also made a stop Kentucky Down Under for the kids.
The highlights were probably:
-Getting attacked by hungry lorikeets
-Getting to pet a kangaroo
We had a great time!
And of course I'm ready to plan our next great adventure. Levi has his heart set on Disney's Cars Land this summer. Not sure we'll be ready for another road trip in June...











1 comment:
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!XOX
Post a Comment