Friday, February 28, 2014

February Happiness Results

February went by so quickly here at home…totally a different matter at work.  My day (or should I say students) sorta fall apart the last hour, so it's been a really difficult month at work.  But I don't really want to get into that right now.
I want to focus on happier moments of the month.

I did lots of little things to give proofs of love to Gabe this month.
*Little love notes by the coffee maker in the morning so he couldn't miss them.
*Letting him sit in our favorite spot on the couch that we often "fight" over.
*"Thinking of you" text messages every once-in-awhile.
*Picking up one of his favorite bourbons for Valentine's Day.
*Making one of his favorite cookies on our snow days.
*After I'm done working out, I've left the TV all set up for his show.  All he has to do is get on the elliptical and press a play.
Overall, I've just been trying to be more thoughtful about doing little things for him.

Now about the nagging…
I do think I "nagged" him less this month.
I can only really remember two instances where I caved to the nagging urge.
His driving up to our friend's house on Super Bowl Sunday was…how shall I say this…"intense".  So I could not resist the urge to tell him it was making me uncomfortable.  The only problem was, I didn't exactly say it like that!
I've also asked him several times, in the last few weeks, to make a service appointment for my car because the SERVICE NOW notice comes up every time I start the car.  (Super annoying to me…but not a big deal to him since he doesn't drive that car daily!)  I was about to just do it myself to avoid "nagging" him again and to my joy...he made the appointment!
And I have to be honest, I've also been more aware of the times I ask Gabe to do something and it gets done.  Focusing on the positive is always a struggle for this "glass half-empty" girl.
I think Gabe felt more loved and appreciated this month.

I also tackled some personal nagging tasks this month.  I've been putting off for quite a while scheduling a doctor's appointment and a vision appointment for myself.  Got them scheduled for my furlough day later this month before SPRING BREAK!
We've also been busy this month visiting kindergarten information nights at focus option schools around town.  It's crazy to me that we will have a little man in Kindergarten in the fall!

Happy Friday (and last day of February)!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sounds to me that you did REAL good ,I am sure Gabe noticed and loved all your effort. February went by way too fast for me. But I am SO ready for Spring! XOX