Thursday, May 1, 2014

Happiness: May

This month's happiness focus will be on play and leisure.  Fitting since we've been having some difficult weeks at work...both Gabe and me.  And we have NOTHING on the calendar this weekend!  Lots of time for play to start the month off right!

We're going to find more fun (and be more serious about play) by:

  • each choosing a fun play adventure for the family to do together.  We'll probably let Levi pick the first one this weekend.
  • Try a new hobby.  I'm going to try and learn to sew...finally!

Levi and I also have a project we've been meaning to get done.  But, we needed some supplies and never got around to it last month.  Since there is rain in the forecast, we'll have a chance to do it this weekend.

Gabe and I also run our first 5K of our series in a few weeks!
Decided my goal will be to improve my time from race to race.  And to beat Gabe...that's always the goal.

Motivating 8th graders in May when it's almost 90 degrees in our classroom isn't easy.  Sure am looking forward to summer!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Play and leisure,I like that! Maybe you and I can even find some time for a sewing project to work on together.:) XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hang in there - school will be out before you know it! Sorry to hear you're both having difficult times at work; I can relate. Love how you're putting a plan together for beating Gabe. lol. And, that you're staying on track with your fitness regime - I wish I was! Hope to see pictures of your & Levi's project. Give Levi hugs & kisses from Grammy & Grandpa. Hugs, Joey