Sunday, June 1, 2014

Happiness is the end of May!

I really meant to get this post up yesterday.  But we were so busy playing (celebrating a birthday here, enjoying time with friends, eating cake and ice cream, taking "naps") I didn't have a chance!  I figure it was fitting for May's happiness focus on play.

Here's a quick update on how else we played the month of May away.
The holiday weekend we spent with Jen, Rich and the boys at their house in Sunriver.  The Nichols family was there too and it was fun to have everyone together for the weekend!  Since this is the second year we've done it that means it's a tradition right?
Levi loved riding bikes and "playing" with Addison.



We all went for a hike to Tumalo Falls.



And of course we had to go splash around at the pool!

It was such a fun time.  Getting all the kids in bed and having just adult time (with beverages of course) might have been the highlight of each day!

We also celebrated a huge milestone this week...Levi's completion of preschool!
Here he is getting his goody bag and "yearbook" from teacher Debi and teacher David.
He's pretty excited he is on summer vacation and I can't wait to join him!

I also heard this very interesting series on NPR a few weeks ago.  It's about how our obsession with our cameras (especially on our phones) may be impacting our memories.  Very interesting.  It has made me think more and take one or two pictures...instead of a dozen.  Check out the story and let me know what you think!

Happiness Update:  We sure did a lot of playing this month!  But I never did have a chance to try learning to sew like I wanted.  I did research where I can take lessons...that's as far as I got.  I feel like that might be a good project for the fall since our summer is already full of fun adventures.  Seriously! I think as of right now, we'll only be home 2 weekends between the start of my summer vacation and going back to work.  I love summer!  Just wish it was longer...

2 comments:

Mom said...

Love the fun pics! XOX

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your graduation, Grandson! Before we know it, you'll be driving! Can't wait to be part of your summer fun.......Love, Grammy