Today is teacher appreciation day and I've decided to take the opportunity to share another story from the wonderful world of Middle School. Since I'm trying to have a positive attitude at this time in the year, I won't complain about the fact that I have 8th graders who are still coming to class without something to write with. Summer is getting close and we're all getting tired. So this story really brightened my day today!
One of my favorite students came into class today (I know I'm not suppose to have favorites...what can I say, there are just some I enjoy more than others) and very matter-of-factly stated:
"In a perfect world everyone would have the same brain capacity as me."
I don't know where she heard that, or where she got that, but I found it so funny. I just had to think that if those words were true, my job would be soooo much easier. And so much more fun! I love the teenage brain, I just wish they all had the same motivation to use that capacity sometimes!
-h
No comments:
Post a Comment