After almost a dozen showings, we got our first offer on the house last night.
It's a good offer. The buyer offered full price and requested we pay $2,000 toward closing. She also requested our new washer and dryer be included. We countered to keep the washer and dryer since it was spendy and is also brand new. We'll see what happens! I'm still trying not to get my hopes up because a lot can still go wrong. Will she accept our counter? Inspection? Appraisal? If she accepts the offer that opens up a whole new can of stress. Finding a new house! And FAST!
There may be 3 more showings tomorrow and then our Realtor is still holding the open house on Sunday afternoon. Of course, this is all just in case things don't work out with this first offer. I guess I'll have to find some way to make myself scarce tomorrow. Sounds like the papers I need to grade will be making their way to Starbucks instead of being done in the sunshine of the back yard. Gabe's going to be busy "playing" with the boys in his boss' garage so he'll be scarce as well!
I'm thrilled about the wonderful three day weekend ahead. The weather is going to be wonderful! We have a few fun things planned. TV on the Radio concert tomorrow night, some time at the coast, and a maybe even a BBQ or two. After all the weekends we've spent working on the house recently, we're both really excited about this weekend to play.
With the house consuming so much of my time, energy and mind...I suppose I should give a pregnancy up date as well. I had my 28 week appointment yesterday. The little guy's heart beat was in the 140's. I had to get the rhogam shot since I'm of the negative blood type. They took a bunch of blood which I got results for today. My glucose levels are normal but the doctor is worried about my iron levels. So I'll also be adding iron to the handful prenatals, omega-3 and calcium I have to take at different times during the day. Good thing pills have never bothered me. It's the remembering to take them that I'm concerned about.
I hope everyone enjoys their three day weekend as much as I hope to.
Only 3 more weeks!
-h
2 comments:
WooHoo! Let the fun begin!!!!
Congrats! That was fast!
Alexis
Post a Comment