Monday, August 3, 2009

Little Guy's Nursery

Wow...the weekend went by fast!
We did get all the finishing touches on the nursery. Now all we're waiting for is a baby! The little guy could come just about any time, but I get the feeling he's pretty comfortable still and doesn't feel the need to depart his current residence any time soon.
In looking through pictures, realized I really don't have a great picture of what the nursery looked like before. The only one I have is from when we looked at the house. It has all the furniture and decorations of the previous owner. So here's the only before picture I have. I'm not sure if the star wars theme was really the little boy's choice or maybe it was dads!What this picture fails to show are the Velcro strips on the wall with the window and the opposite wall. Those had to be torn off and we aren't sure what they used to attach them. Gabe's dad spent a lot of time scrubbing with what ever toxic substance we thought might take of the residue. Then Gabe and his dad spackled the stripes and retextured in those areas. Here they are in progress.
It was a big project! As you can see the wood trim all needed to be repainted. What you can't see is the back of the door. Yes...the previous owners painted that as well. I wanted a new door but Gabe vetoed me on that one.
After all that yucky work was done, I got to do the fun stuff. Here's Tricia and me working on getting the crib put together.When we finished the crib we moved onto putting in the finishing touches and arranging the furniture. Here I am putting up the wall decal. It was really easy to put up and will come off without doing any damage to the wall. So when the little guy wants to decorate his own room, we won't have to go through all that work again!And here's the finished product. The room is really dark...probably a good thing for a nursery but not so great for trying to take good pictures.
And one more...this is the side of the room that you can't see in the above picture.
Pretty simple. I wanted to paint something to put on the wall. Something that matched the tree wall decal but that never happened. With moving, and not having access to all my paints, it just wasn't really possible. I figure when he can choose what he wants his room to look like I can put something together. I just really hope he doesn't choose something with a car theme! :) I don't really want to paint the room Subaru rally blue.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The room looks awesome; what a transformation. Great job! Now you can have that sigh of relief knowing that BBW has a beautiful & comfortable place to be.

Hugs, Joey

Anonymous said...

OMG, I didn't have my glasses on when I opened the page and just saw the before picture. I was sure you had gone mad.

After I recovered I was amazed at the transformation. It is beautiful and so roomy. The little hanging lamp is so cute with the tree art. Nice job everyone.

try to relax to let BBW you are ready to enter the world when he is.

Thank goodness you have central air; It was only 94 degrees today at noon. Much cooler.

Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

Looks good, looking forward to seeing it in person!

Alexis

Anonymous said...

Man, i get tired just reading this.
MORE PICTURES OF THE REST OF THE HOUSE!!!
thank you
-Aaron

Mom said...

It looks great.I see "Lambkins" is still hanging around waiting to find the one thing missing... the little guy himself!!!! Any guesses on what his birthday will be?XOXOXOXOX

Paul and Peggy said...

You know, even though you had shown us that starwars pic before when I first saw it I thought, "wow, Gabe must have one a bet and got to decide how to decorate the room" then I figured it out! :) It is totally cute! I can't wait to decorate Z's room someday! Poor guy still doesn't have his own room!