Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

Figure I should get this on here before things get too crazy today. We're having a late thanksgiving dinner this year but I still have a ton to do today.

I have so much to be thankful for this year.
  • A healthy and (mostly) happy baby boy. Who just happens to be the cutest baby in existence!
  • An amazing husband who is a wonderful cook, does dishes, works hard, and does all the home projects I ask him without complaining. Who makes up silly songs to sing to Levi and is skilled in putting our stubborn baby back to sleep.
  • A pregnancy that was free of complications and was so "good" I'd do it again if the end result wasn't another little one.
  • Our new house! (Enough said...go back to July if you don't know why I'm so thankful.)
  • Employment. Even though the thought of going back to work on January 4th brings tears to my eyes. I am thankful I have a job to go back to. And I'm thankful Gabe has employment. I'm thankful the economy hasn't hit his company hard and that he'll actually be getting a big bonus this year.
  • My mom. She gets a special mention here because I don't think I would have made it through the first month post-partum without her help. She provided me with many hours of much needed sleep. Those hours then translated to sanity.
  • Last of all, I'm thankful for Thanksgiving! I love Thanksgiving and I can't wait to have the Morrison's here with us. It's been a long time!

2 comments:

Trish said...

agreed!

Mom said...

It's always good to give thanks.But this post was especially heart warming to read.XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXO