Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Home for the Holiday

My sister (Heather) and nephew (Sawyer) have been in town this week visiting from St. Louis. The rest of the family, Ryan and Savannah, come in today.
It's been a really long time since we've seen them. Over 2 years! Gabe and I had to miss the big family reunion in South Dakota this summer since it happened the week before Levi was born. So, it's been great to have them here. I was excited for Levi to meet his Aunt Heather and one of his only two cousins. Unfortunately, I don't think the boys felt the same way. We had quite a struggle trying to get Sawyer to pose for a picture. And of course Levi wouldn't look at the camera, so this is the best shot I have of the two boy cousins. Hopefully I can get some better ones of all three of the kids.I really liked this one of Levi and his Aunt Heather. I'm so glad he finally got to meet her and it sure looks like he loves her! I was really sad she couldn't be here when he was born and it makes me happy to see them together now.I'm getting ready for the huge feast tomorrow. Unfortunately, I pulled the turkey out to defrost a little late and just got the herb rub on it this morning. (It's suppose to be on for 3 days!) Oh, well. I think it will still taste delicious. And instead of working out during Levi's nap times today, I think I'll choose to make pies. A little ironic...but 'tis the season right?

No comments: