Gabe's former boss, dear friend, and mentor lost his fight with colon cancer this weekend. Tom was someone Gabe dearly loved and admired. Tom's wife called Gabe Friday night to tell him he really should come up to the hospital on Saturday to see Tom. I don't know if she told him this might be the last time he'd see Tom, or if Gabe just got that feeling from the tone of the conversation. But he knew he needed to be there. So Saturday Gabe, and the other guys who have worked with and cared about Tom, went up to visit. I don't think any of them were really ready to get news the next morning (Sunday) that Tom was gone.
For Gabe, loosing Tom is like loosing a father. I know this is really hard on Gabe. And it hurts to see someone you love hurting and my heart aches for him. It just not fair. I just don't understand. Why do bad things have to happen to the best people? Is there no justice in the cosmos?
Please keep Tom's wife, Jan, and his two boys, Cooper and Rory, in your thoughts. Cooper and Rory are still young men (15 and 13-I think) and even though it's never easy to loose someone you care about, loosing your dad (at this already challenging time) will be hard for them.
Tom, you will be greatly missed and always remembered.
No comments:
Post a Comment