I worked on removing a stupid flagstone path in the yard. I hated it. It just took space from what little yard we actually have. So, we'll need to lay some sod in the next month to give Levi a little more grass to play on. I also removed what was left of the previous owners water feature. They left the small "pond" of stagnant water but took the electric fountain. It was disgusting. The smell almost made me lose my breakfast. So, now we have a huge hole in our flower bed. Oh, I also removed at least 100 iris from the front yard. I'm giving some to my mom but if anyone else wants some let me know. We have no idea what color they are. I just don't like iris...unless they're of the native variety.
So, we don't really have much to show for all our hard work, other than our sore muscles. The yard actually looks worse right now. I guess I'll have to go at it alone next weekend. Gabe's off to play with his dad and his buddies for the weekend.
It was a very productive weekend. Got lots of other cleaning done around here that I've been avoiding. But in the mean time, also avoided the school work I brought home to do this weekend. Guess I can't do it all!
1 comment:
we've been redoing our "yard" too and like your's it currently looks worse than before! We need our tax return before we can really finish it off! We are trying to re-do the patio! Oh, and I too took home a lot of work and didn't touch it! :P
Post a Comment