It seems like we've been posting "fall" pictures for quite a while now, but it really hasn't turned to winter here yet. I mean, the rain hasn't started yet, and there are still colorful leaves on some of the trees. One of those is the ginkgo that Heidi and I brought home this spring. It's doing it's fall ritual and turning an amazing golden yellow. It's too bad there isn't any daylight while I'm at home anymore, a picture of the whole tree would be nice.-G
2 comments:
So funny that you're already awaiting the winter weather when it seems we just had our fall arrive a couple of weeks ago. The trees in our yard are still mostly green and full. Our neighbors have a tree that is finally wholly a beautiful bright red, but has yet to drop many leaves. It's crisp and cold here today (low below freezing and only a high of 48), but we've had great sunny days of 60 degree weather most of the time! We are just getting used to wearing socks and long sleeves... breaking out some jackets today of course.
It's so fun to see the different seasonal pace now that we've been in different parts of the country, and also reading blogs to see even more differences in random areas.
So odd for me to be thinking winter weather already. I'm excited to be enjoying fall first!
Hey winter doesn't arrive for another month and a half! The rain is due soon (like Wed. or Thur.)but the sun feels great. Forcast of 62 today! I'm gonna get some of those "dry" leaves raked up.
Post a Comment