Thursday, September 18, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

There is really no other word that could describe the week we've had.
Tuesday was, the always "wonderful", Back-to-School night. The night is difficult enough being on the spot light in front of a hundred parents. But it was made much worse this year because my classroom was over 90 degrees. My face was literally as red as the ripe tomatoes in my garden. Not to mention that I was also dripping sweat. Not the first impression I really wanted to make. My only consolation is that the parents were almost as miserable as I was. It was a LONG day!
Last night we went to The Raconteurs show at the Roseland. I wasn't thrilled about going to a show on a weeknight but Jack White is one of Gabe's favorite musicians and he was really looking forward to it. The opening band was terrible! It was the only band I've ever sat through and counted the number of songs they played, wondering how many I'd have to suffer through before they left the stage. Thankfully, The Raconteurs did not disappoint us at all. The show was amazing!
Tonight I'm suppose to be grading work...since I haven't done any grading yet in these first weeks of school. Gabe's at a friend's house putting new breaks on his bike. He's got to get it all fixed up and ready for the big boys mountain biking trip next weekend. So instead of doing what I really need to get done, I'm blogging. The procrastination has begun.
BTW-I think I'll try to convince Gabe to do some blogging this weekend since he hasn't been on here in FOREVER! Maybe he'll show you all around the new and improved office and laundry room.
-h

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you about a hot and sweaty back to school night! I didn't want to shake hands with parents cause my hands were so sweaty. Yes, a very long day. At least its over for another year.

Alexis